A GUIDE TO REPORTING FOOTPATH AND PROW PROBLEMS IN ESSEX
All Ramblers and members of the public who go walking are encouraged to report any fault encountered on a Footpath, or Public Right of Way to the Essex County Council Highways Department. The most convenient method is to use the ECC’s Fault Reporting system as detailed below:
2) This brings up a detailed OS map of Essex and by zooming in further you see the 'Definitive Map'. If you know the Post Code, street etc, enter that in the search box to help find the right place.
3) Scroll to the right place and zoom in as far as you can to see enough detail. Then click on the spot where you want to report a problem
4) A box will come up telling you if any issues have already been reported. Click on 'Report an issue here' then click on 'Confirm Location'
5) Another box comes up for you to fill in all the details of the problem. It is very useful to include photographs which may help ECC to prioritize problems and rectify them faster.
6) When you are finished click on Submit.
After submission you receive a reference number and summary of your report. Please advise Katherine Evans, Essex Area Footpath Officer (see below) of your report and reference number. The reference number can be used to track progress on the rectification of the problem.
You may use this interactive map of Essex to investigate further:
A minor diversion of the north end of Woodham Mortimer footpath 22 at Burnham Road, near the junction with Rectory Lane, has been confirmed. Grid Ref TL 818041 Instead of a diagonal path across the west end of the land associated with The Dell, Burnham Road CM9 6SP - the new 2 metre wide legal line now goes around the north and the west edge of the land. Click here to view map.